Summer Escape 2020
Safety is most important to us. In being essential to the population of students with special needs we serve, we are moving forward with offering Summer Escape.
We have made changes in line with The Florida Re-Opening Plan and recommendations from community leaders to keep our clients and families safe in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Limiting access to the building.
- Keeping groups limited to numbers recommended by The Florida Re-Opening Plan.
- Having staff meet the children outside for the check-in process.
- Checking temperatures and completing health screenings.
- Washing children's hands when they arrive.
- Doing additional disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces.
The Florida Re-Opening Plan can be found here:
Summer Escape is a summer camp for children and teens with special needs, between the ages of 5 and 21. With a staff trained in implementing individualized support systems, we are ready to tailor the experience to ensure every child has a summer worth remembering. The camp will have weekly sessions, with options for half-days and full-days, early drop off and late pick up. Every week will have an overall theme, and daily activities include music time, arts and crafts, dance parties, and so much more!
Camp runs June 7th – July 30th 2021
Week 1: Aloha Adventure ( June 7 - June 11)
Aloha Campers – Adventure awaits!
We are welcoming campers to the first week of camp – Hawaiian style! Bring your grass skirts, flower leis, and get ready to say Aloha to a summer filled with fun!
Week 2: Barnyard Bash ( June 14 - June 18)
Cows, Pigs, and Chickens – Oh My!
We are spending the week at the barnyard! With the help of Old MacDonald and Redemptive Love Farm, we are dedicating this week to our favorite farm friends!
Week 3: Superhero Celebration ( June 21 - June 25)
Up, Up, and Away!
For week 3, we are celebrating our heroes! Whether your hero is Superman, Batman, mom, or dad, we are appreciating everything that makes them super!
Week 4: Come Visit the Circus ( June 28 - July 2)
Come One, Come All!
This week we are welcoming our campers to our very own carnival! With popcorn and balloons and all things circus, you won’t want to miss it!
Week 5: Safari Party ( July 6 - July 9)
Welcome to the Jungle!
For week 5 we are taking a journey into the jungle! We will be taking a walk on the wild side with all things safari style.
Week 6: Community Helpers ( July 12 - July 16)
We Rise by Lifting Others!
We are so excited to celebrate our community helpers this week! W¬¬ith the help of some very special visitors, we are giving thanks to the heroes in our community.
Week 7: Over in the Ocean ( July 19 - July 23)
Life is Better Under the Sea!
We are kicking off week 6 with lots of mermaids, seashells, seahorses, and bubbles! This week will definitely give you your daily dose of Vitamin Sea!
Week 8: Seussville Sendoff ( July 26 - July 30)
Oh the Places You’ll Go!
We are spending the last week of camp with who other than Dr. Seuss! Don’t cry because it’s over – smile because it happened! 😊
How to register:
- 1. Simply print the registration packet off this page, then either bring it by in person, or send it digitally! The first week’s payment must be paid when submitting your registration!
- 2. Also, please download and fill out the camper profile form on this page. This will allow us to ensure your child has the best experience possible. If you have a copy of a current IEP, we would also love a copy of that! Any information you can give to help us tailor your child’s experience will be welcomed!
- Print off the camper supply list to ensure your child has everything they need for camp. we don’t provide any food due to the range of dietary restrictions we deal with, so send two snacks and a lunch every day for full days!
We’d love to have your child join us as we embark on a summer full of fun.
Files & Documents